Am I a Good Candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift?
How do I know if I’m a good candidate for BBL? Our New Jersey-based Burnett Plastic Surgery team knows that this is a question on the minds of many patients who are considering cosmetic procedures to enhance their body shape.
Brazilian butt lifts are surgical procedures designed to improve the general size and shape of the buttocks. They provide many benefits for patients, such as increasing the fullness, roundness, and projection of the buttocks, sculpting a more balanced figure, and boosting self-image and self-confidence. Anyone considering a butt lift should remember that cosmetic surgery procedures are highly individualized and should be done for yourself, rather than to please someone else or to meet some type of ideal image.
With that in mind, some people will be better candidates for this procedure than others. One thing to remember is that despite what the name implies, a Brazilian butt lift is not a traditional “lifting” procedure. It is not designed to remove or tighten sagging skin on the butt or thigh areas. Instead, it adds volume made up of a patient’s own fat taken from other areas of the body. This fat can be used to sculpt more shapely buttocks that are rounder and have more projection.
The best candidates for Brazilian butt lift surgery include those who:
- Are in good physical health
- Maintain realistic expectations about the surgery, recovery, and results
- Have finished developing
- Are unhappy because they feel like their butt is too small for their frame
- Dislike the overall shape or roundness of their butt
- Feel like their butt is asymmetrical
- Want augmentation without implants
- Have a good skin tone in their hips and buttocks
- Have an adequate amount of excess fat on other areas of the body that can be harvested and injected into the butt area
- Will be prepared to avoid sitting directly on their butt area for several weeks
Patients who are very thin and do not have enough fat available for a fat transfer or have certain types of chronic health conditions might not be good candidates for a Brazilian butt lift. Dr. Carlos Burnett can work with these patients to explore other solutions that can provide results.
Get more answers from our team at Burnett Plastic Surgery during your personalized consultation. Call us at 908.233.0200 or fill out a contact form to request an appointment if you would like to know more about the benefits of plastic surgery.