Visiting Burnett Plastic Surgery? Learn More About Westfield, NJ
Burnett Plastic Surgery has always been devoted to helping our patients look and feel their best after leaving our center. From Brazilian butt lifts to Mommy Makeovers, we are more than happy to provide patient resources to help our guests who are visiting from out of town and may be unfamiliar with our Westfield, NJ, neighborhood.
Here are some tips to help you navigate in and around the city, find a snack or a place to eat, or arrange a place to stay for the evening.
Where to Go in Westfield
Our plastic surgery center is located in the heart of downtown Westfield, New Jersey. Some of our mustsee recommendations for the area include:
- The Town Book Store: This is our local independent bookstore, fantastic for browsing and relaxing. They have been serving our community since 1934.
- Mindowaskin Park: At 12 acres with simply stunning views, this park boasts tall memorial trees, beautiful gardens, a bandstand, and a play area for the kids.
- Exercise and Recreation: Thanks to our location in downtown Westfield, there are many different studios you can visit to get your workout on, from yoga studios, to Pilates, to the Barre Method.
- Places to Eat: Grab a cup of coffee at Starbucks, check out Trader Joe's for your grocery needs, or get yourself some chocolate or another sweet treat. There are plenty of eateries for you to choose from, and most restaurants in downtown have free delivery!
- Where to Stay: We recommend the Best Western Hotel Westfield Inn, a charming hotel made to resemble the old Colonial days. Free parking is available.
- Where to Park: Most local parking is metered, but paying is now made much easier using the Pay 2 Park app (download it here).
Where Can I Find Burnett Plastic Surgery?
We are about 30 minutes from Newark Airport and 50 minutes from New York City via NJ Transit. Our office is walking distance from the Raritan Valley Line of NJ Transit, which is a direct line. You can learn more about our city from Westfield Today, a local group that handles all marketing activities for our town. Visit their website here.
We do recommend Uber for your transportation needs, but for patients who do not feel comfortable with that option, we can refer you to the local cab companies.
What Should I Know for After My Procedure?
Out-of-town patients should avoid flying for two weeks after surgery.
Also, a minimum of 15 to 20 lymphatic drainage massages for post-operative drainage and sculpting the body are recommended.
Where Should I Stay After My Procedure?
At Burnett Plastic Surgery, we recommend the following accommodations for out-of-town patients:
- Best Western Westfield Inn: 435 North Ave. West, Westfield, NJ, 07090, (908) 654-5600
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Berkeley Heights: 250 Connell Dr., Berkeley Heights, NJ, 07922, (908) 897-1970
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Newark Airport: 95 International Blvd., Elizabeth, NJ, 07201, (908) 558-0752
- Grand Summit Hotel: 570 Springfield Ave., Summit, NJ, 07901, (908) 273-3000
- Hyatt House Morristown: 194 Park Ave., Morristown, NJ, 07960
- The Hilton Short Hills: 41 John F. Kennedy Parkway, Short Hills, NJ, 07078, (973) 379-0100
What Is the Local Hospital?
Overlook Hospital is at 99 Beauvoir Ave., Summit, NJ, 07901. The phone number is (908) 522-2000. The hospital's recommended car services are Union Taxi ((908) 688-8294) and Summit Express Care & Limousine Service ((908) 771-9898).
What Are the Local Pharmacies?
- Baron's Drug Store: 243 E. Broad St., Westfield, NJ, 07090, (908) 232-6680
- Walgreens: 260 North Ave. East, Westfield, NJ, 07090, (908) 379-2496
- CVS Pharmacy: 1144 South Ave. West, Westfield, NJ, 07090, (908) 654-8333