Who Can Benefit from Body Contouring?
You may have heard of the term “body contouring” before, but it isn’t always clear what types of cosmetic procedures fall into this category. Basically, body contouring or body sculpting procedures are surgeries or treatments that are performed for the purpose of removing excess skin, tightening lax skin, sculpting the underlying tissue, and/or reducing fat on specific areas of the body. Some types of body treatments can also strengthen muscles at the same time to create a more toned appearance. Many patients have body contouring at our NJ practice after pregnancy to restore their pre-baby figure, after major weight loss that has left them with sagging skin, or to remove stretched skin or unwanted pockets of fat that they’ve never been able to slim down on their own through a healthy lifestyle.
Here are some examples of the types of patients who are considered to be good candidates for liposuction, tummy tuck, Brazilian butt lift, and other body contouring procedures.
- Adults who are close to their ideal body weight and maintain a stable weight.
- People who are in a good state of overall physical and mental health without conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, or obesity that could put them at a much higher risk of complications.
- Patients who have set realistic goals for the surgery and maintain a positive outlook
- People with apple-shaped figures who store excess fat around the midsection and top of the body. (These patients can combine liposuction, a tummy tuck, and breast reduction to make their shape more proportional. They can also create a narrower waist by using liposuction and a tummy tuck on the abdominal area.)
- Pear-shaped people who store more fat on the lower body. (These patients may find that liposuction is a great solution for unwanted fat on the thighs, hips, below the butt, and on the legs.)
- Patients who have an hourglass body shape. (These patients can use liposuction to create more defined curves by targeting areas such as the stomach, upper arms, bra line, hips, and thighs.)
- People with athletic body types who want to accentuate their muscle tone.
Dr. Carlos Burnett is a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring. He can provide the level of skill and attention to detail required for these procedures. Find out more about our approach to body contouring at Burnett Plastic Surgery by calling 908.233.0200, or fill out a contact form to request a consultation.