Breast lift surgery is a procedure in which a skilled plastic surgeon lifts and reshapes the breasts. To achieve a more youthful appearance, the nipples and areolas are repositioned and, if necessary, they could also be reduced by removing skin from around the perimeter. Additionally, the incisions made during this procedure are made discreetly, so that patients are not left with noticeable scarring.
Who is an ideal candidate and will benefit most from this procedure? Continue reading to find out.
Is Breast Lift Surgery Right for Me?
Dramatic weight loss has a tendency to impact the appearance of a woman’s breasts. If you have lost a substantial amount of weight and no longer plan on experiencing any dramatic fluctuations, you could be an ideal candidate for a breast lift procedure. If you plan on getting pregnant, however, it would be best to wait until you after your pregnancy before you undergo this procedure. Due to the changes that occur to a woman’s breasts during pregnancy, the effects of a breast lift could be reduced or completely reversed. The best candidates for this surgical procedure are those who have completed their families.
Additionally, candidates should also ask themselves the following questions:
- Are you suffering from a medical condition that could impair your ability to heal from a breast lift procedure?
- Do you smoke?
- Are you willing and able to commit to a healthy lifestyle, including a nutritious diet and moderate amounts of physical exercise?
Do I Need a Breast Lift?
There is no substitute for a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon, but if you are still on the fence about visiting a plastic surgeon to further inquire about this procedure, you should consider asking yourself the following questions:
- Are your nipples pointing downward? The skin at the base of your breasts can stretch out as it begins to sag, causing the breast tissue to pull the nipple downward. Breast lift surgery not only lifts the breasts, but it repositions the breast tissue, and readjusts the nipples to face forward rather than downward.
- Do your nipples sit below the crease beneath the breasts? If you were to slide a plain sheet of paper underneath your breasts, without a bra, allowing it to sit against the breast crease, would your nipples sit below the top edge of the paper? If they do, your breasts are likely sagging enough to justify a breast lift.
- Are your breasts asymmetrical or unusually shaped? Breast lift surgery will not significantly change the size of your breasts, but it will reshape them to provide a perky round shape, improve symmetry, and correct sagging. That said, you can also choose to combine a breast lift procedure with breast augmentation if you wish to change the size of your breasts and address sagging.
Breast Lift Surgery in Westfield
If you are unhappy with the appearance of your breasts and believe that they appear saggy and deflated, this is something that can easily be addressed with the help of a skilled, board-certified plastic surgeon. At Burnett Plastic Surgery, our Westfield plastic surgery team is here to help you achieve the body you desire and the confidence boost you are seeking.
Learn more about what we can do for you and contact our office today at (908) 524-0063 to schedule your consultation with Dr. Carlos Burnett.