Latisse Eyelash Enhancements in Westfield
An Eye-Catching Solution to Thin, Light Eyelashes
Most women who wish to accentuate their eyes do so with mascara. In many instances, this approach produces the desired effect. For some, however, mascara is simply not enough to make lashes thicker, longer, and more lustrous. There are certain times, as well, at which mascara may simply be inconvenient. During summer months in which there may be visits to the beach and pool, Latisse may be a great alternative to mascara. In either case, Latisse may be a great solution. This proven lash enhancer is available in the Westfield office of Dr. Carlos Burnett.
It's no secret that the eyes have it! We do a lot of communicating with our eyes, so we should like the way they look. Women commonly use mascara, lash curlers, false eyelashes, and even eyelash extensions to gain greater impact in the eye area, but these methods only go so far. If you want to enhance lashes that are sparse, short, or just barely noticeable, our Westfield plastic surgery specialists has a solution that will work for you.*
What Is Latisse?
LATISSE® is a cosmetic medication that promotes the healthy growth of long, lush, dark lashes. In studies on patients affected by alopecia, a condition that causes hair loss, LATISSE® was shown effective in restoring lashes in almost 50 percent of cases. You do not have to be without lashes to benefit from this innovative treatment. If you feel your lashes are lacking, contact us to learn more about LATISSE®.
How Latisse Works
The discovery that bimatoprost encouraged lash growth was purely accidental. Research has yet to pinpoint the exact response that leads to lash growth, only that the active growth phase is strengthened by the drug. With daily use, growth is faster and the percentage of hairs in eyelashes increases along with the thickness of individual hairs.*
This medication was originally developed as a treatment for glaucoma when doctors began to realize that a common side effect of treatment was longer, fuller lashes. The development of topical bimatoprost began, and LATISSE® was invented. The topical application of this solution on a daily basis promotes healthy eyelash growth, with dramatic effects typically noticed after about four weeks. At about 16 weeks, the full effect of LATISSE® use is evident.*
LATISSE® is the only prescription medication approved by the FDA for eyelash growth. Available only from your physician, this topical solution can be the answer you have been waiting for. At Burnett Plastic Surgery, we offer LATISSE® as a sole treatment, and as an inclusion in many of our New Jersey plastic surgery experts' eye-enhancing beauty packages.
Success Comes With Specific Use
Like most things, Latisse requires a commitment to proper use in order for results to occur as intended.
- Some of the practices that achieve the best results include:
- Create a routine that includes Latisse. Keeping the product with others that you use on a daily basis will make it easier to comply with usage instructions.
- If an application is missed, do not double up.
- Realistic expectations are important to any cosmetic improvement. Latisse enhances the body's natural hair growth cycle. Results appear gradually over several weeks of daily use. The full effect of treatment is typically not seen for 12 to 16 weeks, so patience is key.
- Clean makeup from eyelids before applying Latisse. Soap and oil residue should also be gently removed prior to treatment.
- Latisse should be applied only with an approved applicator, which is available in the Latisse kit. The Latisse applicator and bottle should be handled with care in order to prevent contamination. This means that the applicator tip and bottle tip should not be touched with fingers and should not come into contact with other surfaces which may harbor bacteria.
Start Your Treatments Today!
You deserve to look your best, and LATISSE® can help you do that by enhancing your natural lashes.* False eyelashes, eyelash extensions, and other eyelash enhancing practices can become a thing of the past when switched for LATISSE®. Dr. Burnett visits with patients from Westfield, Summit, Scotch Plains, Cranford, and around New Jersey in our comfortable, welcoming office. Contact us for your lash-enhancing visit today.