Westfield Breast Lift Surgery
Helping NJ Women Regain their Confidence
Lifting the breasts in the mastopexy procedure corrects the appearance of sagging, deflated breasts. This procedure may or may not include breast implants to recreate a fuller, more firm breast. During your consultation with Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Carlos Burnett and our Westfield plastic surgery team, you can discover the customized treatment most suited to your needs.
- The appearance of breasts can change significantly over time, affected by a number of factors, such as:
- Age: with the passing of time, biochemical changes cause the skin to become less elastic.
- Gravity: The larger the breasts, the more you will experience a gravitational pull. When coupled with age and changes in skin elasticity, gravity can lead to sagging over time.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding: cause significant changes in the fatty tissue of the breasts. Increase in size due to hormonal fluctuations, weight gain, and filled milk ducts can promote permanent changes to breast tissue.
- Weight gain and loss: can result in an increase and decrease in breast tissue, with the loss of volume causing breasts to sag.
Factors To Consider Before Your New Jersey Breast Lift
Breast augmentation surgery is one of the most popular to date. For many
women, however, the treatment of choice is the breast lift. In some cases,
a breast lift will also include the placement of implants. There are many
women for whom the lift procedure alone will produce the desired result.
Might you be a candidate for treatment with New Jersey surgeon Dr. Carlos Burnett?
- Women who tend to do well with breast lift surgery include those who:
- Are at a stable weight and have no plans for pregnancy at any point after the surgery.
- Are dissatisfied with deflated, sagging breasts.
- Feel that their breasts have flattened or become elongated.
- Experience an extreme lack of support which allows nipples to dip below the crease of the breast.
- Have downward facing nipples and areolas.
- Have asymmetrical breasts where one is higher than the other.
Surgeons recommend that patients wanting surgical procedures also quit smoking before their procedure and do not resume for several weeks - preferably never. Smoking impedes healing and is damaging to tissues in general. It is also important to approach body-changing surgery with healthy reasons and expectations. The breast lift procedure is tailored to the individual and should be sought as a way to improve an already-intact sense of self.
Results From Breast Lift Surgery
Patients will be able to see immediate results from the breast lift procedure*. Due to post-surgical swelling, which resolves over several weeks, the final shape and position of breasts become apparent gradually, as tissues settle beneath the skin. Incisions, as well, will become less noticeable and may fade significantly over time. The more these results become visible, the more satisfied patients become.*
The body changes consistently in response to many factors. Aging and the effects of gravity will have an impact on the longevity of results obtained through breast lift surgery. Women who undergo this procedure can better maintain results when they follow healthy lifestyle habits*, as recommended by our Westfield plastic surgery team. Making the right food choices and getting exercise is good for health and good for weight management, both of which have a direct effect on physique.
Dr. Carlos Burnett provides excellent care to patients in and around Westfield, New Jersey. Feel great about your body! Call (908) 524-0063 today.