Westfield Tummy Tuck
Get the Taut Tummy You've Always Wanted with Help from Our NJ Surgeon
When the abdominal area is saggy and hasn't "bounced back" with diet and exercise, you may end up feeling uncomfortable in social situations. You may choose clothing that will hide your midsection, or may even avoid activities that cause you to feel highly aware of your appearance.
Patients who visit our Westfield plastic surgery practice for a tummy tuck offer up a variety of reasons for the state of their mid-section. There is a common thread that seems to run through most people's stories, though, and it is that they feel unattractive and embarrassed about their appearance.
There is no reason to go through life feeling embarrassed about your body. If diet and exercise have not produced the ultimate results you desire, a tummy tuck may put the finishing touches on your physical appearance.
Tummy tuck surgery, or abdominoplasty, is a highly customized procedure carefully planned by your Board Certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Carlos Burnett. Treatment may or may not include our Smartlipo procedure, which removes small pockets of stubborn fat cells before skin, and underlying muscle is tightened. During this precise procedure, your skilled surgeon carefully tightens the abdominal muscle that has become loose and saggy and then tightens the overlying skin. By undergoing this successful treatment, you can enjoy that flat tummy you have been missing!
Tummy tucks are popular among women who want to regain their pre-pregnancy figure and have no plans for future pregnancies, but may also be an excellent course of treatment for people who lost a great deal of weight and were left with loose, sagging skin.
What You May Expect From Your Tummy Tuck
One of the questions many of our New Jersey patients have about their tummy tuck is when they will be bikini-ready. During consultation and preparation for surgery, we discuss the week by week process that allows for proper planning and also for patients as results improve.
- Before surgery
- 1 month before your surgery: Focus on healthy eating and exercise that may enable you to lose lingering pounds if you wish.
- 2 weeks before your surgery: Talk with your doctor about implementing supplements such as Zinc and Vitamin C, which can aid in healing. This may also be a good time to add more protein into your diet, also for optimal recovery.
- 1 week before your surgery: This is the ideal time to begin preparing for your home recovery. Make meals that can be quickly served, stock the refrigerator with grab-and-go snacks, and set aside comfortable clothing, pillows, and entertainment for your first days of recovery.
- 1 Day before your surgery: Give your body and mind a day of rest! Confirm transportation with your driver and supervision for your first night home.
- After surgery
- 1-day post-surgery: Results from the tummy tuck procedure will be somewhat visible, even the day right after surgery. Swelling and bruising, as well, will be noticeable.
- 1-week post-surgery: As you continue to heal, you may find that you need assistance moving around. If drains were placed during the initial procedure, they might be removed at this time.
- 1-month post-surgery: Swelling may still be present a month following surgery. Side effects including bruising will, however, have subsided a great deal by this time. As you can move more comfortably, you can discuss with your doctor the idea of resuming light exercise.
- 2 months post-surgery: By your 8th week after surgery, you may find that swelling and bruising, as well as your incision, have diminished to an extent at which you feel comfortable revealing your new physique. You are bikini-ready!
Lasting Results After Tummy Tuck Surgery
The surgical tightening of abdominal muscles and skin is an investment from which you want a satisfactory reward. With good eating habits and a healthy exercise routine, your fabulous new tummy can stay that way for years. If you are ready to uncover the flat stomach you once enjoyed, treatment at Burnett Plastic Surgery in Westfield may be just what you need.
Contact our office today to discuss your aesthetic concerns with Board Certified plastic surgeon Dr. Carlos Burnett in a consultation. Call (908) 524-0063!