Meet the staff
" I visited Dr. Burnett to inquire about getting a liposuction procedure on my hips and thighs, which I hated since I was nine years old. I had often thought of having the procedure, but given that I never had a surgical experience before, I was apprehensive and a little fearful. Dr. Burnett and his staff immediately helped to quell my fears and I proceeded with the procedure. During the process, I felt as though I was a member of their "family", given the special treatment I received. Having the procedure enabled me to feel more confident and happy with my body, which I had never felt before. As a result, I visited an open call with a prominent modeling agency, a dream since I was a teenager, but was fearful of the reaction I'd get due to my hips and thighs. Having the liposuction boosted my self-confidence and enabled me to face my fear; I went to the open call and was asked to sign a contract! Thank you, Dr. Burnett and staff, for strengthening my self-confidence and helping me attain my dream. You are a treasure! "
Dr. Carlos Burnett, skilled New Jersey plastic surgeonDr. Burnett has been board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He has trained on both coasts, in California as well as in the Tri-State area, and is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He completed medical school at NYU's School of Medicine before his residency at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, where he was Chief Resident. He has also completed advanced Fellowship training at the University of Southern California School of Medicine.
In addition to serving patients in his Westfield private practice for more than 15 years, Dr. Burnett also works with the Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Rahway, NJ, and the Overlook Medical Center in Summit, NJ.
Dr. Burnett is committed to providing the highest standard of care, which includes the latest procedures and techniques. He remains up-to-date with education by partaking in advanced training provided by organizations with which he is affiliated. Memberships include:
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- New Jersey Society of Plastic Surgeons
Patricia Burnett, RN, BSN, Practice ManagerPrior to managing Burnett Plastic Surgery, Patricia has worked in many different areas in nursing, most recently, in the Ambulatory Surgery Center at UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles, CA. The surgery center handled a large variety of cases including many plastic surgery cases from breast implants to rhinoplasty. The short time she spent working as an investigator for the Federation of Jewish Philanthropies in NY (FOJP), assisting the risk management department at Mount Sinai remains one of her favorite jobs.
She has also spent many years at NYU Tisch (currently NYU Langone) Medical Center as a Senior Nurse Clinician in their adult Surgical, Open Heart, and Medical ICUs.
Lori Arena, RN
Patient Care Coordinator; Member of American Society of Plastic Surgery NursesLori has been in the nursing profession for more than 30 years and has a diverse and extensive background which includes general surgery, I.C.U., homecare, wound care, as well as sales and clinical support with major medical companies such as Hill-Rom and Medtronic, Inc. She feels that the opportunity to become a part of Dr. Burnett's office has empowered her to utilize her interpersonal and professional skills to get to know the patients, their needs and goals, and guide them through their transformation process.
Lori says, "It's very rewarding to see patients so happy with the results of their procedures which make a huge impact on their lives and the way they feel about themselves. I am thrilled to be a part of Burnett Plastic Surgery!"
Please note it may take up to two business days for us to reply to online Appointment Requests
Dr. Carlos Burnett Reviewed by
Best doctor to deal with and The best I have ever dealt with. He's Professional but also down to earth and easy to talk to.
- At 60 years old my neck had sagged and it really was bothering me. So I went to Dr. Burnett for a consultation. We discussed the pros and cons of a few different options, and I was intrigued that I could get permanent improvements in my neck without the use of anesthesia. Dr. Burnett did the smart lipo procedure right in his office, almost two months ago. Now I have definition along my jawline, and a curvy neck instead of a droopy neck. This alone makes me look 10 years younger, and I am thrilled! I felt like a VIP in his care too; Patricia and Lori guided me along from the moment I arrived.
- I’ve been going to Dr. Burnett for over a year now and I was excited when I heard he got the new Smartlipo. I had three procedures done on Friday. My inner and outer thighs and a banana lift. There was only drainage the first day, which was normal and I was sore. I took two extra-strength Tylenol, but I feel like I didnt even need it and I am not one who has high-tolerance to pain. I chose to wait two days to shower and I was driving by Sunday and back at work on Monday, my co-workers were shocked including myself. ~ Kelly A.
- Dr. Burnett and his staff were so warm and comfortable they made me feel at home. They gave me a bag filled with everything I needed, padding for my bed, extra gauzes, garments, prescriptions, and Aquaphor for the incisions. In fact, the incisions were so small, my husband and I couldn’t even find them to apply the Aquaphor. I had to wear the compression garment for 24 hours a day for two weeks and just at night for three weeks. The results were greater than I’ve ever imagined, my husband and I were so impressed. I highly recommend Dr. Burnett for anyone. He is the best in this field and I don’t know why anyone wouldn’t get it done by him. ~ Lisa
American Society of Plastic Surgeons