Sun Protection Year Round
The sun shines all year long, so why shouldn't we protect ourselves all year?? Makes perfect sense, doesn't it?? Unfortunately, we associate sunburn and sun damage from the heat of the sun. Although the sun's heat is not as intense during winter months due to the angle of the sunlight, the ultraviolet A and B rays are still strong enough to cause damage. It does not have to be a bright and sunny day either, so we still need sun protection on cloudy and hazy days.
So how do we protect ourselves, when there's "no where to run to, nowhere to hide??!!" The following is what the CDC recommends:
- seek shade when possible, especially during midday hours
- wear clothing to protect exposed skin
- wear a wide-brimmed hat to shade the face, neck,head and ears
- wear sunglasses ( perferably ones that wrap around much of face)
- use sunscreen with SPF of 15 or higher and block both uva and uvb rays . Re-apply every 2 hours and more often if sunbathing or perspiring
Some of these measures may seem a bit drastic and unrealistic at times, however, using sunscreen is a simple, effective way to prevent damage from the sun.....all year round. Make it part of your daily beauty regimen. Apply after your facial cleansing and miosturizing, then apply your sunscreen...it's easy, quick and simple!
There are many effective products on the market. Some protect against sun damage better than others...We recommend, Obagi's Nu-Derm sunshield SPF 50. It provides both uva and uvb protection. it has a clear, matte finish and leaves no residue. It's also been voted #1 sunblock for faces by Self Magazine!
So stock up on your Obagi sunshield now why we still have our 20% off summer special .....