BOTOX- WHAT IS IT AND HOW DOES IT WORK?
Botox or botulinum toxin type A, is a purified protein most commonly used to reduce or eliminate facial wrinkles. Approximately 25 years ago it was approved by the FDA to treat eye muscle spasms and almost immediately Botox had proven its cosmetic potential for wrinkle treatment. Botox blocks nerve impulses which in turn weakens the facial muscles used for emotions, such as, smile, frown, surprise which over time cause wrinkles. Common areas of treatment are crows feet, forehead and frown lines. Another popular treatment of botox is the "non-surgical" brow-lift.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOUR BOTOX TREATMENT:
- Botox is the most popular cosmetic treatment in the country today. It is quick, safe, relatively painless with no down time.
- It relaxes and eliminates wrinkles in a natural-looking way.
- The effects are not permanent and needs to be repeated on average every 3-6 months, depending on the individual.
- It must be Allergan's brand of Botox, the sole provider and not an unauthorized source. You don't know what you will be getting.
- Botox is supplied as a dry powder and needs to be reconstituted with sterile saline. In order to achieve good results, it needs to be accurately diluted for proper concentration.
- Botox has other uses other than cosmetic such as prevention of excessive sweating and migraines.
-Dr. Burnett is a highly skilled and qualified board certified plastic surgeon whose patients have enjoyed great success with his expertise in the area of Botox treatments. His consultative approach toward these treatments has him first discussing the patient's desired outcome and what they would like to achieve. He then works out a plan with his patients for the appropriate Botox treatments. His main concern is to successfully give the patient the desired look they want. A follow-up appointment is made for any touch-ups if needed .
REMEMBER THAT BOTOX IS A TREATMENT---NOT JUST A PRODUCT. TAKE THE TIME TO DO YOUR RESEARCH, ASK QUESTIONS AND MAKE A WISE DECISION.